The first relaxation spa and fitness room in the “The Celestine Hotels” series is available here.
Near the Tokugawa family temple Zojoji stood The Amustas. At the spa entrance, Kyushu Island will greet you with the scent of tea from its prefecture Kagoshima. In the Edo period (1603-1868), Kagoshima belongs in Satsuma Domain. Spa Amustas was built on the land that used to be kami yashiki ( "upper mansion") of the Edo (Tokyo’s former name) residence of Satsuma Domain’s feudal lord who eventually became the leading figure in the Meiji Restoration, an event that ultimately brought to Japan influence from the West. Inspired by remembrances of this site, we created spa treatments that are a fusion of Tokyo and Kyushu Satsuma, of Japanese and Western culture, offering an oasis right in the heart of metropolitan Tokyo.
Footbath, full-body oil treatment and stretch, head massage.
Beginning with purification using aromatic zuko on the soles of both feet, the treatment leads you into a Zen world that Spa Amustas represents where you can enjoy tranquil time.
Oil treatment and stretch for back, leg, décolleté, head massage.
Relieving the stressed body and mind and regain your true self.
The Amustas Original Body Treatment 60 mins, MUI Facial 60 mins.
The ultimate relaxation experience achieved by soothing care for body and face.
※Fugen means not returning to the ordinary world, but being reborn into the heaven and there attaining full enlightenment.
Original treatment that incorporates Swedish massage and Hawaiian lomi-lomi to relieve fatigue and revitalize the body.
Therapist will use elbows and all of their arms to perform the treatment with fast movements and strong pressure. The oil is made with olive as the main ingredient, blended with lavender and rosemary oil to help ease tired muscles.
※Yuga is a concentration method that control the mind by connecting the five sense organs with oneself, or a spiritual training method striving for meditative unification through joining with the absolute being.
Cleansing, mask, face and décolleté massage, moisturizing.
Using skin care products with bidens pilosa (flowering plant from Okinawa) as the main ingredient, the treatment will gently rejuvenate your skin.
※Mui means "doing nothing". In the language of the Ryukyu Kingdom (now Okinawa) that had trade ties with Satsuma, mui also means "forest".
Cleansing, lotion mask, face and décolleté massage, moisturizing.
Relieves the effects of exposure to external damage, and reduces dryness and stresses caused by daily shaving.
Focuses on the eyes, shoulders and neck which are areas that easily get tired from using computer or smartphone.
※Shinnyo, or "tathata" is the ultimate inexpressible nature of all things.
Experience total bliss with this treatment using heated basalt stones that deeply warm the body, release muscle tension and alleviate stress.
|Partial body massage||20 minutes ￥4,320|
|Foot sole||20 minutes ￥3,240|
|Head massage||10 minutes ￥1,620|
|Express facial||30 minutes ￥6,480|
※Mini treatments can only be used with other menus and is not valid to be ordered separately.
1. Appointment time is understood as starting time of treatment. Please come to the spa 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment for counseling session.
2. We recommend having meal at least 1 hour before your appointment or after treatment.
3. If you feel unwell during your treatment, we will have to discontinue it. In addition, please understand that content of your spa menu might be changed or we might not be able to carry out treatment upon evaluation on appointment day that your health or skin is not in suitable condition.
4. Depending on our schedule, your spa treatment time might be shortened or cancelled completely in the event of late arrival.
5. Advance notice for rescheduling or cancelling appointments must be made before 8:00 p.m. of the day prior to your appointment. Otherwise we will charge you cancellation fee as below.
• 20% of your total amount will be charged if you notify us later than 8:00 p.m. of the day prior to your appointment.
• 80% of your total amount will be charged if you notify us on the day of your scheduled appointment.
• Cancellation without advance notice or no show will be subject to a 100% charge of your total amount.
6. Expectant and breastfeeding mothers are requested to inform our spa receptionists in advance. Please note that there are certain spa services that may not be extended to our pregnant guests.
7. Please refrain from using spa services if you are:
• Advised by your doctor not to take bath, exercise or have massage.
• Have allergy or sensitive skin.
• Have infectious disease(s), skin disease(s), ailments.
• Have fever.
• Have consumed alcohol prior to spa appointment.